Legal Business Development Manager
Do you want to join a dynamic, friendly, fast-growing law firm?
LexLeyton is a niche regulated law firm specialising in employment law services for businesses. With offices in London and Glasgow and is part of the Leyton group of companies, which works with businesses of all sizes providing innovation funding consultancy services.
Passionate about driving change in the way legal services are provided, we combine legal expertise, commercial insight and a superb client experience to deliver impactful HR and employment law solutions that add tangible value to our clients’ businesses.
We are looking for a hands on Business Development Manager with strong commercial B2B sales experience to work with and support the development and contribute to the future growth of the business.
The successful candidate will work closely with the LexLeyton legal and marketing team on the generation of new business to include working with the Leyton UK innovation funding consultancy salesforce to benefit cross sell of legal services to Leyton UK’s existing client base.
LexLeyton’s clients are sourced from across all sectors of industry from SMEs to very large companies. This role will involve significant off site customer engagement benefiting new client acquisition across the UK. The principal responsibility is to generate new business through self-generation activity and networking, and acting upon other lead generation channels to support client conversion.
Successful candidates do not require prior legal experience although this would be an advantage, but will need to be able to demonstrate relevant experience within a professional services or suitably related environment. A key competency in this role will be the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the legal services market so demonstrable prior experience in developing and driving business development strategy will be a key strength.
Experience / Skillsets:
- Relevant and in depth business development experience in a professional services/related business.
- Excellent written and oral skills and attention to detail
- Strong inter personal skills and the ability to engage with clients and stakeholders at a high level.
- High levels of influencing and negotiating skills
- Comfortable operating at all stages of the sales cycle with high levels of influencing and negotiating skills
- Helping to draft and roll out marketing initiatives to benefit the profile of the business and employment law practice
- Good systems and data base skills including, Word and PowerPoint with experience of Salesforce and applications benefiting templating development consistency an advantage.
- Flexible, committed and enthusiastic
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Self-organised and autonomous
- Passionate about working in a fast growing start up
LexLeyton offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package and offer unparalleled opportunities for rapid professional development. We are committed to helping our employees unlock their talent and support this through providing the access and tools to full training programmes and membership to professional bodies and subscriptions.
With LexLeyton you have access to Leyton Group benefits, Private Health and Dental cover, a highly Competitive Pension Scheme and flexible working. On top of this we also offer savings through a wide range of financial benefits in the form of discounts, subsidies and incentives.
LexLeyton is committed to becoming an inclusive employer and proactive in improving diversity and equality across the Leyton Group without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Leyton UK Ltd. provides various services to our associated company Lex Leyton. These include recruitment, HR and admin support.
As a result of this your data may be shared between the 2 organisations and will be processed in accordance with our privacy notices.
To view these please click on either of the links below:
If you have any questions, please contact DPM@lexleyton.com